Thursday, December 6, 2007

Step 1 - Done

I took 1 of my two red eye flights out to Philadelphia last night armed with my pack full of travel gear and a suitcase for my time spent in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.

Our clothes and gear easily fit into our pack with room to spare once I ditched Joe's TEVA sandals. Joe mourned the loss of his beloved shoes. Our load will even be lighter on Friday once we wear our travel clothes on the flight.

My first lessons learned is to reconsider the attachment of my water bottle. I used a carabiner clip to attach my 1 liter water bottle to the outside of my pack. That hard plastic really gets in the way. I put my bag down in the airport and heard the loud bounce of my bottle settling on the floor. Of course everyone looked at me like I was some sort of moron. I picked up my bag and threw it on my pack. Once again, my bottle let me down and smacked me in the head. Same thing again in the overhead compartment on the airplane: off my head and banging against the bin. Everyone looked.

Nice start Mauri.

Here are some helpful sites on packing for those interested.

www.onebag.com
http://www.ricksteves.com/plan/tips/packlight.htm

No comments: